[RP TownTalk] Nov 10 & Nov 17 last two farmer's markets

Alice Ewen Walker alice.ewen.walker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 04:44:41 UTC 2005

TownTalkers

Just a note to remind folks that the last two weeks of the Farmer's Market
is upon us. The Riverdale Park Farmer's Market is open 3-6 pm this Thursday
Nov 10, and next Thursday Nov 17 in Town Center.

The farmers work very hard - we're lucky to have them and hope you'll take a
few minutes to drop by and thank them for sharing the fruits of their labor
with us. Pat Gladding and Rebecca Feldberg have both logged countless
volunteer hours to keep the market running for everyone's enjoyment - thank
them too - it's been a long season!

Supporting the town farmer's market is good for our community in several
ways:

- it brings community together
- it supports local agriculture, which in turn means that MD Farmland stays
rural
- it brings shoppers and life to town center, proving to investors that 'if
you build it, we will come'
- it brings the freshest, healthiest food available to our dinner tables

You can be put on the email reminder list for next spring by visiting
http://clarimetry.com/mailman/listinfo/rpfarmersmarket_clarimetry.com We'll
also send out a notice this winter seeking volunteers to help with the
market. We definitely need volunteers and welcome helping hands.

Thanks for supporting the Farmer's Market this year.

- Alice Ewen Walker (RPFM Committee)
4705 Oliver Street