[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Re: Mr Caputo's Presentation at Town Hall

Alice Ewen Walker alice.ewen.walker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:29:59 UTC 2005

> If this is true, because the deal fell through with Eckerd, *any*
> development that goes in at that corner will have to adhere to the
> MU-TC plans.

That's my understanding as well. If the building is identical to the
previously negotiated design, I believe it would still need to go through
MUTC to seek a variance. If MUTC did not grant a variance, then PDC could
appeal to the County, which in turn consults with the Town Council on
whether to grant a variance. The MUTC guidelines say very little about that
particular site, probably because the use was already expected at the time
of writing. However MUTC's overall guidelines would dictate things like set
backs, streetwall, and preference for a multi-story blend of uses.

-Alice Ewen Walker (MUTC Committee)