[RP TownTalk] Clarification: Censorship = Bad ...Free Speech = Good

Laureys, Ken R. KRLaureys at co.pg.md.us
Mon Sep 12 18:20:52 UTC 2005

Just a clarification to all TownTalk participants --

It was not Susan's posting I was replying to (below), but some previous ones where folks were worried about the suitability of electoral politics being discussed in such a forum.  Sorry for the mis-impression I unfortunately conveyed -- Susan's posting just happened to be the one I received when I had the time to pitch-in my two cents.

I want the same thing that most others I've heard want -- the continued existence of a electronic forum to discuss/offer/debate all matters involving Riverdale Park, including political ones.  The specific solution of using the "TownTalk" forum is certainly OK (in lieu of POGOS) with me.  The Town's jurisdiction over the TownTalk electronic forum should be no problem, as the expression of residents' opinions online is no different from similar expresssions the town condones through Letters to the Editor in the TownCrier, or the verbal opinions residents express during the public comments at the Council sessions.

Agreeably yours,
Ken Laureys