[RP TownTalk] Clarification...

ng_md at verizon.net ng_md at verizon.net
Mon Sep 12 18:54:32 UTC 2005

On the other hand...

I don't want non-political threads to get lost among what amounts to political ads, the quantity of which is likely to increase as we get closer to voting day.

And I'd like to see the traffic on this list kept to a manageable level.

But back on the first hand...

An email list is realistically the only way I'm going to keep up with electoral politics discussions, and I don't want my access.

Can I suggest a compromise?

That we agree to limit political and campaign discussions to local issues (Riverdale Park, nearby PG) and local events (i.e., demonstrations, hearings, whatever in RP and nearby PG) related to non-local issues (state, national, whatever).

AND  ***IMPORTANTLY***

That we agree to denote "POLITICAL" or some such in the subject line, to facilitate the use of the delete key for people that aren't interested?

AND

That if the political traffic gets to be too much, that we consider setting up yet another list.

Nancy
Riverdale Rd.