[RP TownTalk] Land Value Tax

Marc Molino mmolino54 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:32:34 UTC 2006

Putting aside the individual personalities and which policies they support,
could someone explain to me why a land value tax is a bad idea, or better
yet, by what reasoning have previous town councils voted against
implementing an LVT?

Because a theory sounds good, doesn't mean it's practial; likewise, just
because someone voted against it, doesn't mean it's a bad idea. I would
assume one argument might go that if Riverdale Park were the only
municipality to have an LVT, developers might go elsewhere to purchase
property first.

Anyhow, I'd appreciate hearing a little more on why Riverdale Park has voted
against such an option in the past. At this point, I am neither for nor
against an LVT. Mostly, I just miss the Riverdale Bookstore and the bicycle
store.

Kindly,
Marc Molino