[RP TownTalk] buses and the outside traffic

Holly Moreland hpmoreland at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 13:01:29 UTC 2006

I know many rely on public transportation.  I just
believ alot of it should be rerouted and that
something needs to be done about the traffic that cuts
down queensbury to lessen it.  And building condos
will only add to the problem we already have.  The rr
crossing is crumbling the gate is constantly broke and
mostly due from large vehicles and the amount of
vehicles crossing it.  Even the vehicles cutting
through queensbury don't want to wait for the train so
they back up at high rates of speed and turn around in
our driveways.  I'm sorry but my children have almost
been hit in our own driveway due to this.  I have seen
the neighbors and their children in the same danger.
I tell you I have fantisizes about having steel stakes
coming up up out of our driveway to flatten peoples
tires who do this.  I would be very wealthy if they
had to pay me for everytime they turned into my
driveway.  They don't even look flying around the
corner to get to my driveway or another street to
avoid the traffic.  On riverdale road on S&J s side of
the rr a lot of them don't even stop at the stop
signs.  We have even seen pg county police officers
not on a call putting our children at risk.  Traffic
beyond the buses is a very big problem within
riverdale park.  Ane with the amount of walkers etc...
in our town it should be a priority to care about the
our environment polution and safety wise.