[RP TownTalk] [TownTalk] traffic concerns

bruce.wernek at mindspring.com bruce.wernek at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 25 11:31:54 UTC 2006

Steve

Apparently, you don't live on Queensbury Road.  Try backing out of your driveway at rush hour.  It's great fun.  Particularly, when the train is passing through and people are pulling in and out of your driveway to turn around.  This traffic also creates ingress/egress problems at the Fire Station on Queensbury.

Route 410 is a viable option for bus traffic with the pull over lanes.  Sidewalks are cheap and these would be part of the improvements for Rt 410 bus stops.

Riverdale is the "pass through" town because everyone uses Queensbury to bypass the Rt 1/Rt 410 intersection and take Queensbury to Taylor to get back on Rt 410 or Queensbury to Lafayette to River Rd for Kenilworth access.  I suspect there are numerous other variants.

I am fed up with the attitude that we have to accomodate these "commuters" when there are main roads available for this purpose.  They have a different attitude at University Park, they closed the leg of Queens Chapel Rd between the intersections of the Queens Chapel Rd/Rt 410 and Queens Chapel/Rt 1 to cut down on traffic.  Guess where that traffic has moved to? Rt 1.  How do these commuters avoid the Rt 1/Rt 410 intersection?  See paragraph 3.  What does this say about Riverdale?  We'll put up with it.  With some prudent placement of directional traffic signs at rush hour, I could get out of my driveway.

Bruce