[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Elementary Needs Our Help

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:07:31 UTC 2006

Hi!

Kristen Liu and I have gotten together to organize a few events to show
support for the teachers and students at Riverdale Elementary and I'm hoping
each of you will be willing to help out.

First, teachers return on August 14th and we've agreed to help provide
cookies, brownies, drinks, and bagels for  teachers.  There are 60 teachers
over at Riverdale, so we really need your help.  If you are interested in
providing treats for the 14th, please contact Kristen or I.

Second, we've volunteered to gather school supplies for students attending
Riverdale Elementary.  While most students come prepared for school, not
every family has the means to provide children with the essential supplies
they need for success.  Kristen and I have agreed to help collect some extra
supplies for students to not only get them started, but help out in the
middle of the year when school supplies often run low.  Below is a list of
supplies needed at Riverdale.  Remember, that the school caters to kids from
pre-K to 6th grade.  Supplies can be dropped of at our homes or at Town
Hall.  The school supply drive will continue until September 11th, but we
would like to be able to take over some supplies on August 21st, the 1st day
of school.

Crayons (packs of 24 or below)
Colored Pencils
Markers (water based)