[RP TownTalk] Park Tanglewood Apartments

April Kissel aprilkissel at comcast.net
Sun Aug 27 16:16:46 UTC 2006

Dear Fellow Riverdale Park residents:

I would appreciate comment and advice on the matter described below. I'm sending it to the woman named Connie (?) in Public Works, whose complete name and address I have at work, and which I can't seem to locate in the phone directory or town website.

August 27, 2006

Connie __________

Acting Director, Department of Public Works

Riverdale, MD

Dear Ms. __________:

On Friday I had a very disturbing phone call with Kila Smith, to whom you had earlier referred me to discuss my problems as a tenant at Park Tanglewood Apartments regarding my continuing problem with roach infestation. She had failed to return numerous phone messages, and was considerably rude when I was able to finally reach her. Her position seems to be that her role is merely to go through the motions of inspecting the property as required by statute, regardless of actual results or state of compliance with Riverdale Park Code Regulations. My belief is that town code calls for me to live in an environment free of threats to my health. As I attempted to relay to her, these threats presently consist of the preponderance of roaches, despite all of my attempts to ward them off, a prevailing state of uncleanliness and dereliction by my fellow tenants, and assorted other items which are either missing or in states of disrepair.

I am more than willing to do my part to inhabit a livable rental community. But it does seem to me that the town's job is to see to it that, in the process of collecting a profit, Park Tanglewood's owners do what is required to adhere to code.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to explain to me what new plan of action I can expect to occur to improve these conditions and to bring William C. Smith and Company into immediate compliance.

Sincerely,

April Kissel

5309 Riverdale Road, #506

Riverdale, MD 20737