[RP TownTalk] raise failed for mayor/council

LLJ0312 at aol.com LLJ0312 at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 03:34:40 UTC 2006

We really are sorry to hear that it failed.  We wanted to let the  list-serve
know of the excellent service Rob provided us.  Back on July  4, we had that
terrible storm blow through, the transformer and our street  light was brought
down by a large tree.  It's been out for months now, with  Pepco no where in
sight.  Needless to say, it's was dark.

On Monday, Dec. 4, our car and our neighbor's car were broken into.   The
dark area made them easier targets.  We were lucky, the neighbor not  so.   We
called the police naturally and filed a report.  We also  called Rob and told
him of our plight.  He paid us a surprise visit  that same night.  He gave us
contact numbers at Pepco and wished us well  and warned that it might take
awhile.  He also said he'd try calling  to see what he could do.

When I came home from work today, it was to a bright light!  The  street
light was installed and works great.  Rob worked a miracle that we  couldn't.  We
are sure he pulled a few strings.  Without his  involvement, this problem
would still be a problem.

Our council representatives work hard for us.  The issue of a pay  raise or a
stipend increase should be readdressed, especially since one member  was out
sick and didn't vote.  We appreciate that our reps have  volunteered for these
positions and are thankful that Rob has embraced his  job to the fullest.

Doug & Lori Jarman
6211 44th Avenue