[RP TownTalk] brick removal

_Elizabeth A. Aukamp_ eaaukamp at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 22 20:32:57 UTC 2006

Karen,

Another resource for your bricks may be Community Forklift, located in
Edmondston.  I've not yet been there, but I imagine it's pretty fantastic.
Here's a little blurg about them:

Have you checked out Community Forklift yet? We are the DC metro area's
surplus, salvaged, and green building materials store - owned and operated
by the nonprofit Sustainable Community Initiatives. You can donate building
materials to receive a tax deduction, or buy new and used items at very low
prices!

Our goals are to:
* Lift up communities by making repairs more affordable for homeowners,
small businesses and community groups;
* Reduce construction waste, decreasing the demand for virgin materials and
keeping reusable materials out of landfills and incinerators;
* Create career opportunities for local residents; and
* Educate the public about green building materials and methods, especially
reuse.

I'd personally take the bricks off your hands, but the patio projects I have
in mind are likely to begin no less than a year from now.  But just in case,
how big a pile are we talking about here?  [I'm a pack rat, through and
though.]

Marc --  Thanks for your information about Freecycle as well!

Hope this is helpful to you,
Liz Aukamp
4710 Sheridan Street