[RP TownTalk] Video and Audio Streaming

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Thu Jan 19 07:14:42 UTC 2006

I like the idea of live video and audio streaming of the meetings.

People who do not have cable but do have high speed internet would appreciate it.

Audio streaming would be good for those with low speed internet and  for the work sessions.

I would like to see a call-in line and live instant message chat so that
viewers via cable or internet could submit questions and comments.
The last time I suggested this, it brought snickers and laughs, but
I am quite serious. It might be best to have the questions transcribed
and read by a clerk instead of given by the live caller.

I briefly looked into software for live video streaming, and there are some
surprisingly inexpensive options. There are also free solutions, but
generally with less support and polish.

When playing recorded meetings back at a later time, one can speed
up the audio and visual. This could might make it a lot more pleasant
as the meetings tend to have a very slow pace.

(Some players create a high pitch audio when sped up, but others shift the
frequency down and keep a reasonable tone.)

Rob