[RP TownTalk] Video and Audio Streaming

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 18:22:39 UTC 2006

Good observations Jack.
I agree with the minutes being an excellent addition, especially if timely
and well organized.

For those who do not have cable, a live webcast might benefit the following people:
The handicapped.
Parents with young children.
Busy people short on time that could eat dinner or answer emails etc while they watch.
Busy people who are too tired to venture out that night.
People who dislike attending public events (there are a surprising number of these).
People who are ill.
People who are out of town.
and I have probably left out some too.

Once I was watching the meeting on cable and was surprised by a new item
and jumped up and ran to town hall in order to participate. If people could have
live chat/email or could call-in comments then their participation might go up.

Can anyone else think of a group it might benefit?
Would a webcast benefit you?

- Rob