[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 12, Issue 2: how many people actually use MARC to Union Station?

Iris McLaurin elsiegoh at starpower.net
Mon Jul 3 20:07:38 UTC 2006

Greetings Dwight,

I have not used the Marc train regularly in the past 2 years, however,
previously, I used Marc 5 days a week for 3 years.  Yes, there were delays
sometimes, but I found that overall it was very reliable. And, the people on
the train would look forward to the Riverdale group getting on because yes,
we did have to stand, but the professional background of those of us from
Riverdale, and those sitting in the front 4 rows of the train, seemed  to
spawn some very interesting daily conversation for the 12 minute ride to DC.
We were not disruptive or loud in our conversation, but it seemed as though
the passengers close enough to hear urged us to engage in the
conversation/entertainment---like watching one of those Sunday Morning with
Charles Karalt shows while sipping on Starbucks coffee!  (ok, I exaggerate).
I caught the 7:36, Phoebe sat right at the front door, I think she's an
engineer, and she travels a lot overseas to Ireland (if my memory is
correct)!   --- Just thought I would share that, I still miss the
stimulating conversation and updates, and especially the camaraderie!

Iris