[RP TownTalk] Beall Circle

Bruce Embrey bruce_md at mac.com
Mon Jul 10 17:59:38 UTC 2006

 RP TownTalk List:

I used to live in Riverdale for many years and find that I may be able to move back here due to a new job opportunity. I have been following the conversations on this list and find them quite informative on current issues.

I was wondering if the following proposal would work: close west Beale circle (west side of Beale circle), incorporate the parking area behind the buildings on Route 1 (between Queensbury and EW Hwy) and the area up to the edge of the green space of the circle and convert it into a large parking area with appropriate landscaping.

It may have the advantages of bringing in some additional revenue for metered parking, and would eliminate the need for people to park on the west side of Route 1 (SunTrust parking lot) and have to battle the heavy traffic to cross Route 1 for these businesses.

Just a few thoughts.. I would appreciate hearing your replies.

Bruce Embrey