[RP TownTalk] Beall Circle

Lou King lking at knob.com
Mon Jul 10 13:44:55 UTC 2006

Audrey,

Some interesting ideas Audrey.  I have never seen the area behind the
buildings on the west side of Rt. 1 more than 1/2 full during the day.
In the evening there should be "lots" of room.

Parking on Rt. 1 I think would have unwanted consequences.  Do to the
north bound choke point between between Queensbury and East West
Highway, a large number of commuters cut through our neighborhoods as it
is.

During the morning commute they come through town and up Queensbury and
Riverdale to turn left on to Rt. 1.  On Queensbury Rd they are sometimes
backed up clear to the tracks.  During the evening commute they turn off
of Rt 1. onto Riverdale and Queensbury then onto East Beale Cr. or
across the tracks.  This is all to avoid the current congestion at RT 1
and East West Highway. On street parking would only make this worse.

Lou