[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Budget, a few more questions

David Hiles hilesd at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 5 05:26:42 UTC 2006

My messages to this list are being moderated because I was judged to
have violated the posting standards.
************************************

I recently talked to Mary Donaldson, Ward 2 Councilperson about a few
more budget questions.

1) What new services will the town gov't deliver to residents after
spending $40,000 on software as noted in the Special Projects section?

Councilperson Donaldson said that the town bought new computers this
year and that the software would result in a more productive town
staff.  A new database will be created and an IT person will do some
work on a contract basis.

2) Why did the reserve fund contribution go from $66,000 this year to
$0 next year?

Councilperson Donaldson said that we have more than $600,000 in the
reserve fund and the mayor thought that was sufficient.

3) What will town residents gain from spending $500,000 on an addition
to the Riverdale Municipal Center?  This was noted as item E under New
Funding Requests.

Councilperson Donaldson said that the addition will go on the second
floor above the video room and conference room.  The addition will
provide more archival storage space and a meeting room dedicated to the
council.  The meeting room on the first floor is fully booked.  Another
meeting room for the council's use is needed.

WE are who we have been waiting for.
http://riverdalepark.blogspot.com/