[RP TownTalk] Transol Red Light Camera Project Status

David Hiles hilesd at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 5 05:14:48 UTC 2006

My messages to this list are being moderated because I was judged to
have violated the posting standards.
************************************

I recently talked to Mary Donaldson, Ward 2 Councilperson about the
status of the Transol red light camera project.  She told me that the
town broke off negotiations with Transol because the company had some
problems meeting the town's requirements.

It would be good to push a red light project through to completion.
The crossing guard at Taylor and 410 told me that the cameras made a
real difference.  The crossing was much safer when they were in place.
Since they were removed, she said she saw a lot more people blowing
through the lights.  And that is when she is manning the crossing in
her orange vest!  Some people have ideological objections to red light
cameras. Cameras are an effective response to our community's public
safety challenges.

WE are who we have been waiting for.
http://riverdalepark.blogspot.com/