[RP TownTalk] Patriot Group Condominiums

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Sun Jun 11 13:07:55 UTC 2006

[bruce wernek writes]
> I noticed in the last series of emails that the units in this building are
> referred to as condos.  The developer has openly admitted that they will
> rent the units if they can't be sold.

Sorry, no.  A condo is a condo.  The town can set conditions that keep
the development from becoming apartments.  We can force the developer
to meet these requirements as a condition of a variance.

Those conditions can come in the form of

   1 direct agreements with the builder that prevent the builder from
      renting prior to sale

   2 condo association rules that limit renting to some percentage of
      the building (or something like that)

The developer has been made aware of the town's desire to set such conditions.

This issue is an easy one to solve.  The height is the tough one.