[RP TownTalk] pre-purchases of local condominiums

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Fri Jun 16 15:11:31 UTC 2006

Since the demand for condos in this area has been so very much
discussed on this list, I went down to the EYA office on Route 1 to
get some hard data.

EYA has pre-sold 49 of 137 units in phase one of their Hyattsville development.

How many weeks ago did they break ground?  All they have so far is
bulldozers moving dirt around, and they have sold 35% of their units.

Why?  Because though Northern Virginia is overbuilt with condos, we are not.

(Whether or not we want a 5-story building in our historic core is a
separate question, of course.)