[RP TownTalk] MUTC, Zoning, and Redevelopment

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:50:04 UTC 2006

Having read dozens of messages, and participated in hundreds of
conversations about proposals for redevelopment along Route One and in the
town core it has become clear to me that many residents would like to
better understand what the Mixed Use Town Center zone is, how it fits into
town policy and the overall zoning process within the county.

Since part of the job of town government is to inform the public about law,
regulation, and town policy, there will be an educational presentation about
MUTC and the zoning process at Town Hall on the evening of April 3 at 7:00.
This educational event will be prior to the regular legislative meeting at
8:00. We plan to televise the program so we can reach the most citizens.
Tapes will be available at Town Hall in case you miss it. But please try be
there, or watch if you can.

Dineene O'Conner our representative from Park and Planning (the zoning
authority) will be there along with one or two other panelists. We are
scheduling this meeting prior to the April 5th MUTC meeting so that we can
all be better informed in time for that meeting.

In order to make the event as useful as possible please send me any
questions you have about MUTC or zoning so I can forward them on to
Dineene.

I envision this meeting as the first of a series of public educational
forums that give residents and town officials a better understanding of how
development happens, and what the town and its residents can and cannot do
to shape the process.   Please let me know what topics you would like to
cover in future forums.

Dannielle Glaros has agreed to help me coordinate this and upcoming events,
and I wish to express my sincere thanks to her.