[RP TownTalk] Home dream come true? Contest , Iris and Sky should apply for?

Iris McLaurin elsiegoh at starpower.net
Sat May 6 15:26:38 UTC 2006

Riverdalians,

A friend shared information with me about a nationwide search for families
who have a dream they want to make come true.  I certainly have a personal
family wish to establish community center homes for at-risk youth, and in
addition that, like you, I want to create a Riverdale Park--a warm Mayberry
RFD kind of urban town--that I can cherish and go old(er) in.

The way the project works is to locate families who have "treasures" that
can be auditioned on ebay, and the proceeds go toward making the dream come
true.  You can read the details below and at
http://www.nationalfamilysearch.com/.

If anyone is interested, please send me an email.  I've just received the
email today, and have not done all the research, but I serious about the
possibly.

The Search Is On...
The nationwide search is on for families who will be chosen to take
part in an exciting new interactive ABC primetime series. Do you know
someone who is looking to fulfill a personal dream, but does not have
the financial means to attain it? Do they have a closet, attic or
basement full of "hidden treasures", items that they are willing to
place for sale on eBay? If so, then the American viewers may literally
be able to make these dreams come true.

The selected families, with the help of our team of experts, will be
asked to identify possessions of worth that they would be willing to
put up for auction on eBay. When the bidding comes to a close, the
grand total will be tallied and the funds raised will be used to make
the family's dream come true!

There are many items sold on eBay. A sample list follows:

Baseball card/Comic book/coin collections
Grand Pianos, guitars and rare musical instruments
Vi ntage and current designer clothing/handbags/jewelry
Antique/Vintage doll houses
Classic cars/motorcycles/tractors
Sailboats/speedboats
Recreational vehicles, ATV's, jet ski's, snowmobiles etc.
Antique Tiffany/Art Deco items
Original art/ceramics/china
Signed sports memorabilia
Presidential signatures
Jukeboxes/pinball machines/other electronics
Antique wall clocks
Original Native American items
Fossils and artifacts

No dream is too quirky, exciting or outrageous and we are focused on
finding families that have fun and attainable goals and wishes.
PLEASE NO HOME OR PERSONAL MAKEOVERS AND NO SURGERIES.  Some examples
of great wish ideas are listed below, but are not limited to:
Dreams of Travel (Traveling to China to become a fighting Monk, flying
across the country in a hot air balloon)
Restoration Projects (Classic cars, sail boats, tractors, etc.)
Educational dreams (Scholarships, etc.)
Reunions with lo ng-los t loved ones
Community Projects (Renovating the clock tower, filling the town
square's fountain, etc.)
Adventure Goals (Climbing a mountain, swimming the English Channel,
driving a race car, running with the bulls, etc.)
Environmental restoration projects (planting trees in the rainforest,
helping protect an endangered species)
Save the Co. (Helping to save a company or factory from closing)
The sky is the limit when it comes to the dreams that we will
consider, so the more creative and imaginative the dream the better.
Also, these lists are to be used as suggestions and in no way
represent what we are looking for specifically.

Here's how you apply:

http://www.nationalfamilysearch.com/

4704 Oliver Street
Riverdale, MD 20737