[RP TownTalk] Party - Stumps - Walks - Behind

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Sat May 13 03:54:26 UTC 2006

The Ward One party was a great success with about 130 people coming to the event. We all enjoyed meeting a lot of new people.

A hearty thank you goes to Andie Huberty for helping at the door, to Corey and Lewis for help setting up, to Lou King for the sound system, to Calvert House for the gift card and to all the S&J staff for working hard to keep everyone happy. And a very special thanks to Steve and Ziggy for their generous gift of food and drink to the whole community.

Several people are planning block parties - which is a wonderful way to build community. If you want your street closed for an event, then let your council person know before a legislative meeting (1st Monday of each month) so the council can approve blocking off the street. Tell them which block you want closed, the date and time and the name and address of a person who can place the cones out and collect them afterward. Public Works will drop off cones at the persons house a day or so before the event and pick them up after. Also the police and fire department will be notified of the planned closing.

Tree Stump Reminder: Remember to call Debbie Murphy by Monday May 15th about any tree stumps in the public right of way near you. Public Works will soon be grinding down and removing these stumps. Call Debbie Murphy at 301-864-1803 to be sure your stump is on the list.

Side walk repairs: Send an email to the town (riverdaleparkmd at comcast.net) if you know of a side walk that is in need of repair. Mayor Vernon and staff are preparing a townwide project list.

So Behind
I am way behind in my emails to individuals and to this list. Please don't give up, I will respond. It has been a busy week, and I lost most of Thursday, when I found my car had two flat tires with
one well placed screw in each. Sigh.

Take care and have some fun,
Rob