[RP TownTalk] Lost Dog

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Sun Oct 8 03:17:32 UTC 2006

Thank you for taking in the poor lost dog.  What a terrible day to be  lost;
my dogs would hate to be out in this icky weather.

Rob, good job taking a picture.  I hope that the owner has come  forward by
now.  But if not...

1.  A searching owner might go to the PG shelter.  Since the dog  is not at
the shelter...AND PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE DOG THERE if there's any way  to avoid
that...Go to
_http://www.goprincegeorgescounty.com/Government/AgencyIndex/DER/AMD/found_report.asp_
(http://www.goprincegeorgescounty.com/Government/AgencyIndex/DER/AMD/found_report.asp)
to fill out the found report.  That way, if someone calls looking for  that
dog, the shelter will know that it's found and who has  it.  Fax the report if
you can to Animal Management.  Call them  also, to let them know you have the
dog, (their number is at the bottom of the  form at the URL mentioned above)
and try to get them a digital photo of the  dog.  As a shelter administrator
for a number of years, I know a clear  picture is very helpful in locating a pet
because a description without a  picture is easily misinterpreted.

2.  Put up FOUND DOG signs, with a general description  (i.e., "black,
white") and a contact number.  Don't put a picture on a  lost sign.  If someone lost
a dog that fits even a vague description,  they'll call you.  Make them
describe the dog, ask them to bring a  picture of the dog with them for positive
identification (although the  dog's reaction usually indicates an owner!).  You
may have to put up these  signs on both sides of E/W hiway

3.  You can take a dog to any vet to ask them to scan for a  microchip.

Good luck.  Please keep us posted!

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison Street
(Maryland Dog Federation)

Attached  is a photo of the lost dog.
(who is now inside on their enclosed  porch/atrium).