[RP TownTalk] Harvest Festival Sep 21

Alice Ewen Walker alice.ewen.walker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 03:13:52 UTC 2006

Dear Riverdale Park Farmer's Market Friends,

We have a lot of news to share with you about the Riverdale Park Farmer's
Market. Hope to see you at our Harvest Festival.

HARVEST FEST - SEP 21
Riverdale Park Farmer's Market is celebrating at the Harvest Festival on
September 21st this year. We will have a moon bounce and other entertainment
for kids, chef demonstrations, and extended musical entertainment provided
by David LaFleur. We also will feature our popular hourly FREE RAFFLE of
merchandise from the market.

This is the market's annual celebration marking our 9th year of operation.
Please join us in thanking our farmers for the bounty of fresh and healthy
crops they share with our community. We value our farmers and want them to
know that they help make our community a great place to live.

The festival takes place during regular market hours, 3-7pm, at the
Riverdale Park Farmer's Market, located at Queensbury Rd / Rhode Island Ave
in the Town Center parking lot. Feel free to share this announcement with
friends who have not yet experienced the market -- what a great way to
introduce them to the joys of shopping at our local farmer's market!

SHARE YOUR RECIPES
This winter while the fields are asleep, the Riverdale Park Farmer's Market
committee will be putting together a new cookbook in celebration of our 10th
anniversary next year. We'd love to receive recipes from our customers to
share with neighbors and friends. If you have favorite recipes that use
fresh market ingredients, please share them with us.

Just drop your recipe off with Jim Coleman at the Riverdale Park Farmer's
Market or email your recipe to Pat Gladding at pgladding at gmail.com

MAILING LIST MIGRATION
This year, our market made a special effort to expand the number of
customers we reach each week with our weekly "Specials" newsletter. The
newsletter contains a list of produce, vendors, and a weekly recipe
featuring seasonal market ingredients.

To accomodate our growing list of customers, we have changed to a new mail
list provider. To subscribe or manage your existing account, use this link:

Feel free to invite others to join the mailing list - we would love to bring
more customers to our great farmers and to boost economic development in our
town center.

Thanks for your ongoing support for the Riverdale Park Farmer's Market. Our
customers make this market a fun and friendly gathering of neighbors each
week -- thanks for your patronage and we hope to see you at the Harvest
Festival on the 21st.

Best Regards,
The Riverdale Park Farmer's Market Committee

PS - Questions? Email Alice Ewen Walker at alice.ewen.walker at gmail.com