[RP TownTalk] [Fwd: An article on everybody's favorite developer

CAROL DE PRATO tazimax at verizon.net
Mon Sep 18 15:29:10 UTC 2006

I have had my own bad dealings with Mr Jamal and his developers.  I live on 44th place as the only house on the street, backed up to the large office building and parking lot he has on Queensbury (formally Citizens bank building--now the Dental Group, etc).  I have been trying unsuccessfully for years to get them to move a dumpster that is backed up against my property.  It has never been enclosed (like county regulations) in a brick structure and it is not supposed to be near a residence. As all Riverdale residents are aware...we have a rat problem and this dumpster (which the public uses too) isn't helping.   I have complained to the town on several occasions as well as to Douglas Developers themselves.  Riverdale code enforcement has said they would look into it (still waiting) and Tim Roberts at Douglas Developers rudely told me it was not his problem , they weren't going to move it and I could complain to the county if I wanted to, they would not do anything about it.  The county did get them to move it a few years ago, but 6 months later, after the heat was off....it was back.  I guess as a lone resident I cannot fight a giant...I still hope Riverdale will eventually help me.
Carol DePrato