[RP TownTalk] train cafe, cont'd

poplifegirl at mac.com poplifegirl at mac.com
Wed Sep 27 15:41:20 UTC 2006

Riverdale Park needs help in marketing itself. It needs an image and it needs someone to actively take lesson's learned from other areas that have had similar history and market the city. I came to Riverdale Park from Del Ray Alexandria, it has similar qualities...its not about putting just any kind of business into Town Center just to be open, its about creating a sustainable economy in the town and attracting the right kind of businesses which promote community.

An investment in shaping the message and image of what Riverdale Park wants to send to prospective business owners (and homeowners!) would be a step in the right direction. A second positive move could be to reapproach the Gateway District to extend that into Riverdale Park officially. The third would be to work with EYA to get them to meet with the city about developing mixed retail further on Route 1, including the much talked about 410 corner project. EYA, the new Independance Plaza and NOAA are clearly the best things that have happened to Riverdale Park, now its up to the City and its Business Association to invest in a clear message and attract the right type of businesses.

With that said, I am happy to help move this along.

Heather
Oliver Street