[RP TownTalk] Sinking cobblestones

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 14:50:46 UTC 2006

Does anyone know if there's any plan to refurbish
those bricks, cobblestones, whatever they are, on
Riverdale and Queensbury Road?  I'm not talking about
the long "strips" of cobblestones that run alongside
the sidewalks, but the small strips of stones that
cross the sidewalk every 10 feet or so.  Since these
stones were put in, many of them have sunk, in some
places as much as an inch.  I sometimes take a small
shopping cart up to Riverdale Shopping Center, and
it's "bump, bump, bump," in many places; sometimes the
wheels of the cart even get jammed in the sunken
places.  Makes me wonder how people with strollers or
wheelchairs manage.  Some of the strips of
cobblestones between Taylor Road and the Riverdale
Road entrance to the elementary school give a good
illustration of the deterioration that's taken place.
Frankly speaking, it's bad enough for people such as
myself who use those sidewalks on a regular basis to
negotiate walking around the light poles which are
almost in the middle of the sidewalk in many places
without having to stumble on sunken stones.   I was
just wondering if fixing these walks was on the
agenda?