[RP TownTalk] Sinking cobblestones

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Thu Sep 28 15:11:52 UTC 2006

Good luck with getting any sidewalks fixed in Riverdale.  I have been
complaining about my sidewalks and curb/gutters for I think maybe 8 years!  I have
taken photos and written letters and have been through 3 mayors and many council
reps to no avail.  I did get a patch by public works recently (within the
last year)  This patch really doesn't do the job.  Kids on their bikes and ladies
with their strollers always trip in front of my house.  I trip in front of my
house over this big bump.  Actually a former councilperson's kid went flying
through the air on his bicycle as I watched out the window one day.  Big
development, economic progress, etc. seems to be getting all the attention.  Many
years ago Riverdale Park incorporated in order to be able to have street
lighting and sidewalks.  It was the basic need then and it is still a basic need
now.  Why isn't it getting any attention?  I keep hearing that the work is going
to get done and that money is in place to do the work but the cracked
sidewalks, bumps, pot holes and general neglect of public areas are not being
addressed.
I propose that if the council and Mayor can get the streets and sidewalks in
proper order I will vote for a raise in pay!

Audrey