[RP TownTalk] sidewalk problems

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:09:42 UTC 2006

Sue,

I for one am not offended in the least.  We actually did just pass this last
budget cycle (in June), the largest infrastructure bill in town history,
times about 5.  This was the soonest I could obtain the funding to
fulfill my campaign promise to get all of our streets and sidewalks
up to county standard.  After obtaining the funding, we then have to
complete the engineering of the projects, and go to bid.  The work should
begin as soon as asphalt becomes available in the Spring--probably April.
It will likely then take two summers to complete.

When you have specific places that you are concerned about you should feel
free to send them directly to me, as well as to the Town list if you like. I
will make sure that the brick pavers are considered, as that overall
project was completed recently enough that they may have been overlooked by
the engineer unless someone specifically brought it up during the survey I
requested both through Town Talk and the Town Crier last winter.

Any concerns sent to me since I became mayor have in fact always been
deferred--unless an emergency--to be included in this large infrastructure
project in order to get the work done in an economical and standardized
manner.

Best wishes,

Vern