[RP TownTalk] community center

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Fri Sep 29 16:38:44 UTC 2006

Good points, Nancy and Emily.  You guys are great idea people!  I don't think
I've seen so many positive ideas in a long time!
I have frequented the Prince Georges Plaza Community Center for many years.
I have never seen any of my neighbors over there.  However I did see a
painting by one of my neighbors hanging in the art gallery.  When I asked the clerk
about the art gallery, she said I was the only person who looked at it.  I am
shocked!  We have a local artist exhibiting there and I am the only person who
looked at it?   That says a lot for our community.  By the way, the artist is
Jim Landry of Oliver st.
That is my experience with the local community center.  By the way it is a
great center.  The gym is state of the art and so very cheap to join.  I can't
believe more people don't take advantage.  I have been to Greenbelt as well and
their set up is also wonderful.  I understand there is also a community
center in College Park which can be reached by the bike trail.  I have not used
that center but I heard it was wonderful as well.  Right there are 3 community
centers for us Riverdale Parkers to use.
Now I see from Mr. Kings email that the largest population is in the 40ish
range.  So, I would assume we would cater to that age group.  Maybe a dance hall
like Glen Echo with the big bands and dance lessons.

Audrey