[RP TownTalk] Look out for this Junk Man!

Alan Thompson and Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Fri Apr 6 20:07:53 UTC 2007

My friend Holly just told me a story about a man who was lurking
around a neighbor's house. Her neighbor had put a (working) window
unit A/C on his front porch during some renovations. One day she
looked out her window and saw a man she didn't know "taking his time"
looking at the unit. She asked if she could help him, and he said
that he collected junk, and was wondering if the unit was junk. Holly
said she told him she could ask the neighbor and asked if the guy had
a card. He didn't, and didn't give her his number either. He poked
around for a bit longer, and then left.

A couple of days later, the A/C unit disappeared, and her neighbor
hadn't moved it. It was stolen! They called the police to tell them
about this (both times), but Holly thought it would help us all to
know about this guy, so if you see him, you can call the police right
away.

He was driving a light tan pickup truck with a DC license plate. He
was a middle aged African American man, medium height, medium to
large build.

-Sarah