[RP TownTalk] Candidates' Forums before election?

Alan Thompson and Sarah Wayland webmaster at ci.riverdale-park.md.us
Sat Apr 14 04:00:03 UTC 2007

	From: 	  webmaster at ci.riverdale-park.md.us
	Subject: 	Re: [RP TownTalk] Candidates' Forums before election?
	Date: 	April 13, 2007 11:59:10 PM EDT
	To: 	  elsiegoh at rcn.com

Hi Iris,

To my knowledge, there are no candidates' forums planned.

I have received a draft list of candidates who filed petitions on
April 12, to be posted to the town web site according to the policy
passed by the council (see http://riverdale-park.org/pipermail/
towntalk/2007-April/001549.html for details of that). HOWEVER,
contact information is apparently not fully confirmed for some
candidates, so I will not be posting that until Monday (at the
request of town staff).  I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

Alan Thompson
Listmaster and Acting Webmaster, Town of RIverdale Park

On Apr 13, 2007, at 1:44 PM, Iris McLaurin wrote:

> Alan, Rob, Alice --or anyone with the answer:
>
> I have been out of the loop for the past month on our Town Meetings
> and the
> Town Talk.  Has there been/Will there be any candidates' forums
> before the
> election?  I truly have been out of the loop--I had no idea so much
> change
> would be occurring on the council; nor that there would be a
> challenger to
> the Mayor's seat.
>
> This is probably already in the works...so if I'm the only one "in
> the dark"
> I can do my own research; but if others also need to hear from and
> converse
> with the candidates, I would be willing to help (I said help) put
> together a
> forum.
>
> Can someone please advise?  Thank you so much.

(text removed for brevity)