[RP TownTalk] Invitation to Riverdale Park Mayoral and Ward Representative Candidates

Marc Molino mmolino54 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 12:23:15 UTC 2007

I suppose on some level that I understand the electioneering policy, but it
seems really odd that with no candidate's forum in the works and none
planned for the Town Crier, that the council's only action on this matter
before the election, would be to make sure no electronic
discussion/propaganda/advertisements/etc. were allowed on the Town e-mail
lists. Is that an accurate summary? It's probably not completely fair to the
council. I suppose all this is irrelevant for the present in Wards where
there are uncontested elections, but we'll have to wait to see who is
running for office.

While it's mainly focussed on the local arts, I would be happy to do a post
on my blog (we'll call it "The Art of the Local Political Campaign")--any
candidate for office is welcome to submit up to 800 words of their choice
(ideally, the submissions might follow the following form: outline the
issues most important to you, evaluate the current state of things, and look
to the future and where you'd like to take Riverdale Park). You can submit
these to either mmolino54 at hotmail.com or therpmuse at yahoo.com. No text will
be edited or censored--screen appearance (width and font size) may be
changed to better fit the computer screen). I'll post these as I get them
at:
http://therpmuse.blogspot.com

Comments can be made by anyone online by clicking on the word "Comments"
under the blog posts.

Make sure you do NOT accidentally copy the TownTalk list if you use the
"reply" function and submit by responding to this e-mail. Again, you can
submit to either mmolino54 at hotmail.com or therpmuse at yahoo.com

If anyone know of candidates running for election who are not on this list,
please pass this invitation their way.

Kindly,
Marc W. Molino
4801 Queensbury Rd.