[RP TownTalk] Candidates' Forums before election?

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Sun Apr 15 14:56:42 UTC 2007

I am really surprised that there are no Candidate Forums.  We have been
having them for several years.  I remember having one at the Bookshop and then the
Town Hall.  This is the best way to hear what the candidates have to say and
they are very informative for the voters.  I cannot help out with a forum at
this time, but I am sure with 5000 people in town someone will take a turn and
do this very important community service.  I don't understand why the Council
voted not to have the forum in the Town Crier.  We should be able to read about
the candidates and what they have in mind for the town if they are elected.
How can we make a decision without that?  One of the major questions I would
put to a candidate is "What about Town Center?  What are your plans and how
will you implement them?  The major owner has not done anything to revive the
center in years and when are we going to call him on that?"  If any candidates
read this and have an answer or a plan, I would like to hear it.  You could win
my vote!

Audrey Bragg