[RP TownTalk] House and Plot Plans

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 20:26:16 UTC 2007

In a message dated 4/19/2007 1:26:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gerardkiernan at earthlink.net writes:

> eaaukamp at hotmail.com

Re: plans and plat

Hi Liz,  Since you just bought your home in 2006, you should have gotten a
plat or site plan at the closing.  They call it a location survey.  It is not an
official survey for a fence or adding a structure, but it shows where your
house sits on the lot.  All of the attorneys I know provide these for new home
buyers at the settlement table. Of course the buyer does pay for them and they
cost about 300$ and are part of the closing costs.  If you have your closing
statement and you see a fee for a survey, it means you got one.  If you can't
find it, you can call your closing attorney and they will have a copy in their
files.  Gerry is right about the land records in Upper Marlboro.  If you have
time to go down there and do research it is very interesting and fun.  They
won't have any copy of plans but if you can trace your history back to the very
beginning, you may find who built your home and get some info that way.  There
are also some historical groups that have info, but I don't have the contact
info at my fingertips.  Hope this helps.
Audrey