[RP TownTalk] Fw: Live Music at The Calvert House Inn

regina at kreger.net regina at kreger.net
Thu Aug 2 15:20:43 UTC 2007

FYI

----Original Message----

From: finedining at calverthouseinn.com

Date: Aug 2, 2007 6:42

Subj: Live Music at The Calvert House Inn

You're receiving this email because of your relationship with The Calvert House Inn Restaurant. Please confirm your continued interest in receiving email from us.  You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.

Live Music Calendar

Happy Summer!
 We hope you're enjoying the warm days and fun in the sun.  We invite you to join us for the upcoming live music events at the Calvert House.  Low cover charges and a variety of different types of music and our great menu selections make for a great evening out!

Our garden patio is perfect to watch the sun set and enjoy our homemade specialities, famous crab cakes and delectible dishes and drinks before a show!  Come and enjoy the hospitality that we've been proud to share for more than 25 years...The Salamis

Appearing this Week:

Friday, August 3rd, 7-9pm and Fridays throughout August
Sheila Davis
 ~ jazz & favorites on the piano ~
music for dining
free in the Riversdale main dining room

Sat., August 4th, 7-9pm and Saturdays throughout August
Sharon Starling with
Gerald Muller
~ classic cabaret with piano ~
free in the Riversdale main dining room

Sunday, August 5th, 3-7pm
Orquesta La Leyenda
Salsa Dance Party!
dance instructions, 3-4pm
live music & dancing, 4-7pm.  $10 cover
drink specials
in the Riversdale main dining room -
full dinner menu available.

Salsa is hot!

One of the area's excellent Latin Dance teachers will teach an hour of Salsa lessons beginning at 3pm.  If you enjoy ballroom dancing or hand dancing and would like to learn some Latin Dances, this is your chance ~

This popular 14-piece big band plays the repertoire of old-school Latin Big Bands like Tito Puente, Tito Rodriguez and Machito, popular in New York in the 1950's through the 70s.  La Leyenda plays Mambo, Salsa, Cha-Chá, Rumbas, and if you're game, maybe even music for a Conga line!   Don't miss it!

August 10-September 1

Friday, August 10, 9:30-12midnight
DJFALCO
International mix of club, hip hop and house music
$5 cover & drink specials - age 21 and overSaturday, August 11, 10pm
Tempo, 10-11pm
Classic Go-Go
opening for area favorite
The Mighty Heard,
11-12midnight
R&B / funk / Hip-Hop - time to groove!
In the Tavern  ~   $10 cover for both

Friday, August 17, 10pm-1am
DJ640
Dance Party - club, house, hip hop
$5 cover & drink specials - age 21 and over

Friday, August 24, 9pm-12midnight
Dee Stone Band
progressive r&b, rock and funk fused with melodic and powerful vocals
$5 cover & drink specials in the Riversdale Room

Saturday, August 25, 8-10pm
Chemistry
variety and diversity of sound, rhythm and grooves - back by popular demand!
$10 cover & drink specials in the Tavern

                            What's Happening

                              This Week

                              And Beyond...

Information
DirectionsReservations

Reservations are recommended for parties of 5 or more.
 Phone 301.864.5220

~~~~~
The Calvert House Inn

6211 Baltimore Avenue Riverdale, MD

~~~~~
Directions
 *  From the Capitol Beltway:Take the beltway (I-495) to US Route 1 (Baltimore Blvd.) South  to College Park, MD about 3.6 miles to MD Route 410 (East-West  Highway).  Proceed one block to the light at Queensbury Rd (Exxon Station on left)-  turn left onto Queensbury, make immediate left onto Beale Circle, to  the rear of the Calvert House.
 * From Washington DC via Rhode Island Avenue:Take Rhode Island Avenue (US Route 1) North into Maryland, through the Traffic Circle in Mt. Ranier.  Continue on Rt. 1 North 2.4 miles to Queensbury Road (Exxon Station on right) and turn right ontoQueensbury, make the immediate left onto Beale Circle, to the rear of the Calvert House.
     *  From Washington DC via Michigan Avenue:Take Michigan Ave North to Maryland (Michigan Ave becomesQueens Chapel Rd (MD Route 500) at the MD Line. Go North on Queens Chapel about 2.1 miles to Route 410 (East-West Highway).  Bear Right onto Route 410 East.  Go about 2 miles to US Route 1 (Baltimore Blvd), turn right onto Route 1 South.  Go one block and turn left at Queensbury Road (Exxon Station on left) Make the immediate left onto Beale Cir., to the rear of the Calvert House.

FREE PARKING!

Forward to a Friend

This email was sent to regina at kreger.net, by finedining at calverthouseinn.com

Email Marketing by

The Calvert House Inn Restaurant | 6211 BALTIMORE AVE | Riverdale | MD | 20737