[RP TownTalk] Here we go again - dead chickens!

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 11:50:18 UTC 2007

I'm sure people will remember the posts last year
regarding dead chickens being found at the railroad
crossing and other places.  Well!  Saturday I was
crossing the tracks at Queensbury and saw a grocery
bag; I went to pick it up to put it in a trash can and
saw that it contained a chicken, feathers and all.
Last year there had been questions about calling
Public Works, the Police, etc., when dead chickens
were found - I figured Public Works would be closed on
Saturday, so I called the Police and asked if they
just wanted me to dispose of the bag, or?  They sent
officers over and they found ANOTHER bag with a dead
chicken on the other side of Queensbury at the
crossing!  And to make it even stranger, each bag, in
addition to the chicken, contained several pieces of
hard candy, you know, like those Starlight mints?  I
tell you what, it looked like offerings of some kind,
not just someone disposing of dead chickens (whether
for cockfighting, or?)  I don't know if people are
practicing voodoo, Santeria, or other things here in
town, but we'll see if more chickens turn up.  (wasn't
it around this time last year when the chickens were
found?  Wonder if there's some significance to the
time of year?)  Very, very strange...