[RP TownTalk] traffic

Lou King lking at knob.com
Fri Aug 10 15:56:26 UTC 2007

I feel your pain. And  I admit to using Taylor or 49th, Ravenswood and
Lafayette to get from E-W Hwy to Queensbury. I do this for the obvious
reason of avoiding the back ups at Rt1 and E-W Hwy that sometimes extend
to 49th. By contrast I seldom see an other car on Ravenswood when I'm in
your neighborhood vis the traffic on Queensbury or Riverdale.

Now that Queensbury Rd will be blocked (west bound) in front of the
firehouse, Ravenswood and Lafayette may become more attractive to
additional drivers.  Personally I'm betting on CSX.  This summer they
have "improved" the speed bump between Lafayette and Rhode Island at
Queensbury Rd.

With tung-in-cheek (but not to far) I sometimes consider the
effectiveness of large caliber weapons to get out of my driveway when
the traffic is backed up at the light at Rt 1 or for the the tracks.
Don't even get me started about the late-night BOOM-BOOM car radios that
drive by by house!  (True sign of an old geezer - complaining about the
young.)

Alas, Sue is correct, "There's probably no way we can realistically
block off the whole town to anything but local traffic, but it sure
would be nice, wouldn't it?"

Lou