[RP TownTalk] Traffic Considerations

Brian Boettger brian_boettger at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 12 12:38:59 UTC 2007

Another consideration in the traffic issue that may be a consideration. Think how environmentally friendly it is to have less vehicles driving through our neighborhoods. There is a huge movement out there whose thinking is that "let's make it harder for people in cars to get around". This forces them to find alternatives.

Also, driving slower actually saves you fuel. The idea of speed bumps is that you slow down for the duration of the street not slow down to go over the bump then floor it to the next bump. 15-20 MPH is slow enough to navigate a speed bump, which, in my opinion, people shouldn't be going any faster than that in a residential neighborhood. Especially a walkable community such as ours. I can't wait till gas is $10 a gallon (it's coming!) to really make people think about what they are doing and the consequences of their actions.