[RP TownTalk] traffic

euniverz at aol.com euniverz at aol.com
Mon Aug 13 14:42:34 UTC 2007

I have already reduced my commute from 124 miles a day round trip? to 3 miles a day round trip.?? I believe I have already made a huge reduction in my carbon footprint.? It's not too much to ask that I don't have to subject my car to additional wear and tear of a half dozen speed bumps each and every day, especially after we just spent a fortune in tax dollars repaving the streets.? Speed bumps at any speed create more wear and tear than a flat paved?road.? Last I checked, we are still allowed to drive the speed limit, which is, I believe,?25 unless otherwise posted. ?If we think we're not? subject to the pollution created by idling cars in traffic on 410, 1 and Kenilworth, I disagree.? Crazy idea:? Let's just dig up all the streets and turn them into gravel roads so bumpy that we have to drive 5-10 MPH and no one but us will go out of their way to drive on them.? That will save us a boat load of money in repaving costs....

It?is possible to drive a car and still be green...?

Adrianne Lefkowitz

Message: 1