[RP TownTalk] traffic

Lou King lking at knob.com
Mon Aug 13 15:56:51 UTC 2007

Not that crazy.  I spent the summer in a town/county that has about 3
miles of paved roads besides the US highway that goes through the
county.  The main drag through town and a mile or so on two road out of
town are paved.  All other roads/streets are dirt/gravel.  Of course
Public Works spend all summer maintaining the streets and using water
and chemicals to hold down the dust. No one, except tourist, bother to
wash their cars/trucks and no one uses an outside laundry line. Of
course the environmentalist complain every year, at budget time, about
the cost of chemicals 'that end up in the river.'
Oh, you had your tung-in-cheek. So do I.  However, if we kept the
streets and reduced the speed limit to 5-10 MPH...

Lou