[RP TownTalk] Response to David Michailof

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 15:36:32 UTC 2007

I would like to throw my vote in with law enforcement being a viable solution to the traffic problems.  (Wasn't a key reason for our tax increase to fund a better police force?)  When we want to drive down Queensbury at 7 a.m., we are not speeding, we are not running stop signs, and we are not out to get anyone's kids - we are just trying to get to the metro using the most direct route.  Yet we are forbidden to use the roads our taxes helped to pay for.  I don't think this is right.  Instead of speed bumps, outlawing certain drivers, or gating the community, let's raise money!  Every month or so our fine officers (for which I'm very grateful) can start pulling over the scofflaws and showing them that we have respect for our community and expect others to do so.

Thanks - Nancy Mooney