[RP TownTalk] Ravenswood Apartment

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 17:03:44 UTC 2007

First - to all of those who've been "keeping an eye"
on my apartment building, thank you.  My apartment
faces Lafayette Avenue and the rear of the building,
and I can't see who or what is outside on Ravenswood
Road.  I had heard thru the grapevine (not through
management or maintenance) the other week that the
people in one apartment were to be out in 30 days, so
I'm waiting to see if they're gone by the end of this
month.  I don't think the problems are all in one
apartment, though; the building is 2 halves, 4701 and
4703 Ravenswood, joined in the basement by a common
laundry area.  Thankfully, most of the tenants on my
side (4701) are quiet and don't cause trouble; a few
of them have lived there several years, as I have, and
we are trying to keep the place decent.  On 4703, I'm
less sure, as I've seen some people running back and
forth from 4703 to our side to the one "bad" apt.
(that I know of, the one where the tenants were told
to move).  I'm hoping and praying that we can get rid
of the troublemakers.  The owner, Mr. Wright, IS a
very nice man, but I think he has many irons in the
fire and is very busy.  Too, I don't know how much
he's actually been told about what's going on in the
building...  If we can get rid of the "baddies," it
will be a relief to be able to enter or exit the
building without feeling that I should be hearing the
theme from "Cops."