[RP TownTalk] traffic alterations

Lou King lking at knob.com
Thu Aug 30 13:45:58 UTC 2007

This change was voted by the council last March/April/May, can't
remember for sure.  It was requested by the fire house so that traffic
cutting through town and backed up by the Queensbury/Lafayette
intersection or the train would not block emergency access to Lafayette
or across the tracks.

As I remember this was done at the same time traffic _through_ town was
being discussed on this forum along with the impact of 190+ new families
(read cars) at Dunn's corner. Several changes to the
Queensbury/Lafayette/Natoli Pl intersection were talked about to address
the cut through traffic and growing traffic coming south on Lafayette.
I remember that most of the changes were suggested by Rob, Ward 1
Councilman, and were apposed by others sighting "unexpected
consequences", no traffic study, and IMHO no-because-rob-suggested-it.
But even those that did not want to run the risk of making a change that
someone wouldn't like, could say no to the Fire Department. I think
there is also some new "No Parking" there by the firehouse so fire
trucks (and buses) can get onto 48th.

That's more editorial than necessary, but the first paragraph is all
fact not opinion. Maybe I should sign

Old coot