[RP TownTalk] What I like about Riverdale Park

Arletta Gustafson arlettag at comcast.net
Thu Dec 6 21:24:03 UTC 2007

<The tenor of the discourse was the only reason stepped into this pissing
contest.>

Lou,

Thank you for stating this better than I did.  It's the tone that I took
umbrage with.

Not to belabor a point (Stick, meet the dead horse).  I'm kind of a get more
flies with honey kinda gal.  I think it's safe to say "enforce the law",
that goes without saying.  However, if that's not working perhaps coming up
with some positive suggestions to help the powers-that-be to do that might
be in order.

I completely agree with Bruce that we need to make an effort, but I think
that there are some people (yes, I'm one of them) that when faced with
someone telling me I'm a slacker for not getting in people's faces, well,
that just makes me dig in my heels and not participate with person (at least
not that they can see) even if I agree with their basic argument.  I think
there is a fine line between assertive and agressive.  Assertive, in my
experience, tends to work better in MOST situations.

Tone, it's an amazing thing.

Arletta