[RP TownTalk] What I like about Riverdale Park

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Thu Dec 6 21:47:15 UTC 2007

[sarah writes]
> Those are just a few that pop into my head. Add to my list - but
> remember - let's keep it positive!

Sarah's trying to be positive, but most of us aren't cooperating.

I'll add a very personal item to Sarah's list of things to love about
Riverdale Park.

As a man who always wanted children, but has been unable to have any,
I greatly value my relationships with the complete families of my
neighbors.  I am thankful for the small ways that I have been able to
participate, as a sort of uncle, in the lives of several children.

There are two families in particular (you know who you are) who have
for years welcomed me to the dinner table, and to the experiences of
learning to talk and walk and doing homework after school.  All this
even though I'm not exactly the most sweet and nurturing person.

I've even sat through some excruciating school concerts at a child's
request, for which I am nothing but grateful and moved.