[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Trash

Lisa Allen lisaallen913 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 00:06:53 UTC 2007

Dear TownTalk readers,

  I'm very embarrassed and disgusted by our town's trash problem.  I think that we, as residents, need to physically get out there and do something about it.   A few years ago, I took it upon myself to start picking up trash on a regular basis - people/neighbors saw what I was doing - and it really made a difference.  I admit, since I moved, my weekly ritual stopped, and I've made excuses rather than time for trash pick-up.  We need to show our neighbors and our town that we care.  I'm willing to make a weekly commitment to our town and collect a LARGE bag of trash/recycling each week.  Are you?   Even if you only make  a monthly commitment, what a difference that would make!  Lobby your neighbors: "many hands make light work."  I know my solution does not keep the "trashers" from "trashing" our community - but we need to start somewhere.  The Police & Public Works can't solely be responsible for this one.

  I've read TownTalk for about eight months and from my point-of-view it seems that there is more complaining than acting.

  Be the change you wish to see in the world... - Gandhi

  Be the community you wish Riverdale Park to be.

  Thanks for reading,

  Lisa Allen
  Oliver Street

For more information about Riverdale Park, visit http://www.ci.riverdale-park.md.us