[RP TownTalk] litter etc

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Sat Dec 8 07:10:31 UTC 2007

Bruce, I respect the passion you bring to this problem of trash and defecation,
and I hope you succeed in raising awareness and getting it fixed.

I know first hand how people can both feel attacked and attack back when
strong emotions are expressed over the need for improvement. But take heart,
many of us agree with you - at least basically - even if we do not feel your
level of frustration.

You may find more traction after the Christmas Cheer Season has passed
and it will help if you can appreciate that some of us are just not experiencing
the problem as much as you are. Come to think of it, the fastest way to solve
this problem is for you to stop walking Edger around these parks. (Just joking!
Put your eye balls back in their sockets).

I urge you to apologize again to those offended - and to accept my apology
to you on behalf of others, and please don't feel you are alone on this. You're not.

I have a few ideas on how we might attack the problem - although I don't
really have the time right now to write them up. I hope to share those
thoughts sometime soon.

At this time of year, we look to build positive experiences with family,
friends and community - it's a time for warm fuzzies. Of course, then
we stress ourselves out over it - especially when our expectations for
cooperation or warmth are not met. In this regard, it is both the warmest
and the coldest of seasons. Many a feud has started at Christmas dinner.

So I wish you and everyone ever offended by you or me, peace of mind.
And I wish you all the very best.

-Rob