[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Trash

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 15:23:39 UTC 2007

In a message dated 12/7/2007 5:13:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lisaallen913 at yahoo.com writes:

I've read TownTalk for about eight months  and from my point-of-view it seems
that there is  more complaining than acting.

Hi Lisa and neighbors,
Sometimes we don't hear about the people who are actively involved in the
community because they don't make a lot of noise.  Many are doing things to
make the town better.  I know that Del Fanning picks up trash every day  when he
walks his dog.  I know that Simon and I pick up trash all the time  we are out
walking around.  I know that the Anacotia Watershed Society (by  the way they
could use some donations this season) have a clean up day and also
participate in Gorgeous Prince Georges Day.  I know that I, myself, the  Mayor and even
the Mayor's mother when she was visiting picked up lots of trash  along the
river in the poring rain when the AWS had a clean up.  I know  that many people
in town do their part without any fanfare.  Yes, there  might be complaining
on the list, but there are also many good people who do  lots of work behind
the scenes.  This is the season to recognize them even  if we do not know who
they are.  Thanks to all you unknowns!  This is  also a good time to watch the
movie "Its a Wonderful Life"  It's my model  for a small town. Audrey